Charlotte, NC 28202
Wednesday, October 19, 2022
- 9:00 am Continental Breakfast and Arrivals
- 9:15 am Welcome / Fortinet OT Overview, Vision and Strategy
- Defense in Depth Using the Fortinet Security Fabric
- 10:25 am Break
- 10:30 am Hands-On Workshop
- 12:30 pm Lunch / Closing Remarks
- 1:00 pm NASCAR Museum Tour and Racing Simulator Experience
- 2:00 pm Tour Concludes
what you'll learn:
- Traditional and modern segmentation methods for operational environments including the risks associated with a flat network architecture
- Segmentation practices to support compliance with NIST, IEC 62443 and other operational cybersecurity frameworks.
Applying and enforcing access policies based on who and what is connected.
- Dynamically assigning role-based controls to group applications, link data, and limit access to specific groups in order to fortify OT defenses providing fine-grained control that adjusts access based on continuously assessing the trust of devices and users.
- Value of investing in a platform to deliver cybersecurity for all layers of the OT and IT network.
Director, Operational Technology
Nathan brings more than 10 years of experience in industrial networking and factory automation. He has worked directly with teams implementing and automating Industrial Control Systems (ICS) across a variety of critical infrastructure environments including Manufacturing, Transportation, and Maritime. Through this frontline experience he has gained a deep understanding of ICS systems and the criticality of the operational technology processes. Nathan has a BBA in Marketing from James Madison University and earned his Certified Electrical Professional designation from NAED in 2017. When he is not working, Nathan enjoys fishing, and coaching a variety of youth sports.
CSE, Operational Technology
Fabio is a senior cybersecurity practitioner with more than 18 years of experience serving in technical, sales and leadership roles. He joined Fortinet in 2014 and has held various positions in the sales engineering organization.
In his current role as the Operational Technology Solution Architect for North America, he guides customers through a safe Digital Transformation journey for their ICS/SCADA critical infrastructure environments. In this role he assists by sharing reference architectural insights and industry best practices.
Prior to joining Fortinet, Fabio led the Latin America IT/OT Infrastructure and Security teams at FMC Corporation, a global chemical manufacturing organization. Previously, he worked for Siemens Enterprise Communications (currently Atos Unify), delivering professional services and pre-sales support for complex multi-vendor environments with a variety of government, industrial and retail customers.