COVID-19 SAFETY NOTICE AND WAIVER
(For In-Person Events)
By clicking the checkbox, you hereby acknowledge and agree, on behalf of yourself and your guests, to voluntarily participate in the Fortinet event and to voluntarily assume the risks related thereto and be responsible to take the precautions as discussed below, on the terms stated below. BY CLICKING THE CHECKBOX YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT AND HAVE HAD SUFFICIENT OPPORTUNITY TO CONSULT WITH COUNSEL BEFORE AGREEING TO THE TERMS HEREIN. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ANY OF THE TERMS HEREIN, DO NOT CLICK THE CHECKBOX AND CONTACT FORTINET LEGAL IN WRITING AT LEGAL@FORTINET.COM TO REQUEST CHANGES TO THIS AGREEMENT.
COVID-19 SAFETY INFORMATION:
While participating in events held or sponsored by Fortinet, Inc. and its subsidiaries and affiliates (hereafter “Fortinet”), Fortinet requires that all persons comply with applicable laws, regulations, and guidelines (“Requirements”) to prevent exposure to and the the spread of COVID-19, and you hereby represent that you understand and will follow all such Requirements. You also acknowledge and agree that Fortinet cannot guarantee that attendees of its events will not become infected with COVID-19.
COVID-19 NOTICE TO SELF-CHECK:
You hereby agree that it is your responsibility to monitor yourself for symptoms of COVID-19 and to ensure you do not to attend the event if you fall into any of the following catetories:
1. Individuals who currently or within the past fourteen (14) days have experienced any symptoms associated with COVID-19, which include fever, cough, and shortness of breath, among others;
2. Individuals who have traveled at any point in the past fourteen (14) days either internationally or to a community in the U.S. that has experienced or is experiencing sustained community spread of COVID-19; or
3. Individuals who believe that they may have been exposed to a confirmed or suspected case of COVID-19, who have come into contact with anyone who has COVID-19 or COVID-19 symptoms, in the past fourteen (14) days, or have been diagnosed with COVID-19 and are not yet cleared as non-contagious by state or local public health authorities or the health care team responsible for their treatment.
SAFE BEHAVIOR AT EVENT
While attending the event, you agree to comply with all applicable laws and regulations, and to ensure you take reasonable precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 and to prevent you being exposted to COVID-19. If you cannot take these precautions, you agree you will not attend the event or will leave the event.
ASSUMPTION OF THE RISK.
By attending this event, you acknowledge and understand the following:
- Participation includes possible exposure to and illness from infectious diseases including but not limited to COVID-19. While particular rules and personal discipline may reduce this risk, the risk of serious illness and death does exist;
- You knowingly and freely assume all such risks related to illness and infectious diseases, such as COVID-19, even if arising from the negligence or fault of the Released Parties; and,
- You knowingly assume the risk of injury, harm and loss associated with attending this event, including any injury, harm and loss caused by the negligence, fault or conduct of any kind on the part of the Released Parties.
LIABILITY WAIVER AND RELEASE OF CLAIMS:
BY ATTENDING IN THIS EVENT, YOU HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, AND DEMANDS OF WHATEVER KIND OR NATURE AGAINST FORTINET, INCLUDING IN EACH CASE, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, VENDORS, AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”), EITHER IN LAW OR IN EQUITY, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES OR LOSSES CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE, FAULT OR CONDUCT OF ANY KIND ON THE PART OF THE RELEASED PARTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DEATH, BODILY INJURY, ILLNESS, ECONOMIC LOSS OR OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES, OR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, WHICH YOU, YOUR SUCCESSORS OR ASSIGNS, MAY HAVE OR WHICH MAY HEREINAFTER ACCRUE ON MY BEHALF, WHICH ARISE OR MAY HEREAFTER ARISE FROM MY ATTENDANCE AT THE EVENT.