NOTHING BUT FORTINET
PROMOTION OFFICIAL RULES
Sponsored by Fortinet, Inc. (“Sponsor”).
NO ENTRY FEE. NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
ONLY OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND D.C. (EXCLUDING NEW YORK AND FLORIDA); 18 YEARS OR OLDER THAT ARE IT PROFESSIONALS WITH RESPONSIBILITIES FOR IT INFRASTRUCTURE AND SECURITY WITHIN THEIR ORGANIZATION.
The Nothing But Fortinet Promotion (the “Promotion”) is a promotional bracket challenge sweepstakes and will begin on March 14, 2021 at 7:15PM ET and end on March 19, 2021 at 12PM ET (the “Promotion Period”).
1. Agreement to Official Rules. By entering or participating in the Promotion, you accept and agree to be bound by these “Official Rules.”
2. Eligibility: The Promotion is only open to residents of the fifty (50) United States and D.C. (excluding New York and Florida), who are eighteen (18) years or older at the time of entry, are IT professionals that have responsibilities for IT infrastructure and security within their organization, and have an active email account and internet access. Employees, officers, and directors of Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion or other coordinating agencies, or any entity involved with or otherwise providing services relating to this promotion, and the immediate family members (parent, child, sibling, domestic partner, or spouse of any of the foregoing) and persons living in the same household as such individuals, whether related or not; Sponsor’s competitors (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), consultants of Sponsor, and Government Officials are not eligible to participate in the Promotion. “Government Officials” include, without limitation, any official or employee of a government, including any political party, administrative agency, or government-owned business; any person acting in an official capacity on behalf of a government entity; employees or agents of a business which is owned or controlled by a government; any person or firm employed by or acting for or on behalf of any government; any political party official, employee or agent of a political party, or candidate for political office (or political party position); and any family member or other representative of any of the above. All entrants are responsible for ensuring compliance with any employment policy, or other contractual or legal restrictions that may be applicable to their activities, including without limitation, eligibility to participate in promotions and acceptance of prize awards. By participating in the Promotion, you represent and warrant that your participation in the Promotion, and acceptance of the Prize (defined below) should you be determined to be the winner, does not and will not violate your organization’s policies.
3. How to Enter. You may enter the Promotion in one of two ways during the Promotion Period:
a) Sponsor Event Registration: Visit the Nothing But Fortinet Event Registration Website located at https://events.fortinet.com/nothingbutfortinet, and select the “take my shot” button to enter your registration information. Click submit to then be redirected to Sponsor’s Bracket Entry Page located at https://bracketmadnesspro.com/madness/fortinet/index.php (“Bracket Entry Page”) hosted by Sponsor’s third party service provider TheBigTourney, LLC (“TheBigTourney”). Follow the instructions on the Bracket Entry Page to register and create an account with TheBigTourney, and submit your bracket entry.
b) Bracket Entry Page: Alternatively, to enter the Promotion without obligation, visit Sponsor’s Bracket Entry Page. Follow the instructions on the Bracket Entry Page to register and create an account with TheBigTourney, and submit your bracket entry.
See Section 4 below titled “Rules of Play” for information on submitting your bracket entry.
Only one (1) entry per person and/or email address is permitted, regardless of method of entry. Entrants submitting multiple entries or violating any of these Official Rules may be disqualified. No mechanically reproduced entries are allowed and any use of cheats, automated software (e.g., bots), programmed or the like entry methods will void any such entries by such methods. The potential winner is subject to eligibility verification before the Prize (defined below) will be award as further described in Section 6.
4. Rules of Play
a) Selecting Picks.
1. Once registered, while logged into your account, complete your bracket by predicting one (1) winner for each game of the college basketball tournament (the “Tournament”). Entrants will make predictions by clicking on the team name they believe will advance to the next round of the Tournament.
2. After completing the predictions (i.e., submitting your bracket), entrants will then be asked to enter their best guess for the combined total score of the Tournament championship game (“Tie-Breaker”). The Tie-Breaker answers will ONLY be used to determine the prize winner in the event that there is more than one (1) “Perfect First” and “Second Round” bracket, OR a tie in final points awarded for any tied, non-Perfect First and Second Round brackets. The Tie-Breaker criteria will be applicable for all prize levels.
1. Entrants will earn points based on correct prediction of winning teams in the Tournament games. The number of points awarded for each correct pick of a winning game of the Tournament will increase with each round of the Tournament. A maximum of one hundred sixty-eight (168) points can be earned if all games are predicted correctly. The four (4) play-in games, scheduled to take place prior to the “First Round” of the Tournament, are NOT included in the Promotion. Promotion points will be awarded as follows:
- First Round – 1 point for each correct selection (32 total points possible)
- Second Round – 2 points for each correct selection (32 total points possible)
- Regional Semifinals – 4 points for each correct selection (32 total points possible)
- Regional Finals – 8 points for each correct selection (32 total points possible)
- Semifinals – 12 points for each correct selection (24 total points possible)
- Championship – 16 points for correct selection (16 total points possible)
5. Prizes and Odds. Within 24 to 48 hours after the final championship game of the Tournament has been completed on or around April 5, 2021, entrants’ scores will be calculated based on the method described above in Section 4 (“Score Calculation”). One (1) grand prize of one hundred thousand U.S. dollars ($100,000 USD) (the “Prize”) will be awarded by Sponsor to the top scoring entrant, or the winner of the Tie-Breaker if there is a tie, who meets the requirements of these Official Rules.
Subject to the terms of Section 4(a)(2), in the event of a tie, the ties will be broken in the following order:
- Tie-breaker #1 - Closest to the total points scored by both teams in the final game; regardless of whether the entrant's predicted point total exceeded the total points scored
- Tie-breaker #2 - Closest to the total points scored by both teams in the last previous game played (final four game #2); regardless of whether the entrant's predicted point total exceeded the total points scored
- Tie-breaker #3 - Closest to the total points scored by both teams in the last previous game played (final four game #1); regardless of whether the entrant's predicted point total exceeded the total points scored
- Tie-breaker #4 – A winner will be drawn randomly from the pool of tied players.
The odds of winning the Prize depend on the total number of eligible entrants received. Without limiting any other terms of these Official Rules, Sponsor is not responsible if the Tournament (including any basketball game) is delayed, postponed, or cancelled for any reason. No substitution of the Prize is permitted, except at the sole option of Sponsor for a prize of equal or greater value. Sponsor will not replace a lost or stolen prize awards. The winner is solely responsible for any and all federal, state, provincial and local taxes, if any, that apply to the Prize. You agree to provide Sponsor with any additional information and complete any required tax or other forms relating to your receipt of the Prize.
6. Verification and Notification of Winners: Receiving the Prize is contingent on compliance with these Official Rules. THE POTENTIAL WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR WHOSE DECISION IS FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS PERTAINING TO THE PROMOTION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF THE PRIZE EVEN IF THEBIGTOURNEY PLATFORM SHOULD SO INDICATE, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. The potential winner will be notified by email within seven (7) days of the Score Calculation, and must sign and return any required affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release within seven (7) days of notification. If a potential winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the Prize and/or where applicable an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release is not timely received, is incomplete or modified, the Prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected from remaining valid, eligible entries timely submitted. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email account specified in the entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. The Prize will be provided to the winner within a reasonable time after verification of eligibility is confirmed as provided herein.
7. Disclaimers and Limitations on Liability.
(a) Sponsor is not responsible for (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, incomplete, illegible, misdirected or undeliverable entries, responses, or other correspondence; (ii) theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials; or (iii) phone, electrical, network, computer, hardware, software program or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties.
(b) IN NO EVENT WILL SPONSOR BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOSS OF USE, DATA, BUSINESS OR PROFITS) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROMOTION, WHETHER SUCH LIABILITY ARISES FROM ANY CLAIM BASED UPON CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER OR NOT SPONSOR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH LOSS OR DAMAGE. Some jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
8. Indemnification. You agree to release, indemnify, defend and hold Sponsor and its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, officers, employees, sponsors and agents, including advertising and promotion agencies, and assigns, and any other organizations related to the Promotion, harmless, from any and all claims, injuries, damages, expenses or losses to person or property and/or liabilities of any nature that in any way arise from participation in this Promotion or acceptance or use of the Prize or parts thereof, including, without limitation, (i) any condition caused by events beyond Sponsor’s control that may cause the Promotion to be disrupted or corrupted; (ii) the Prize, or acceptance, possession, or use of the Prize, or from participation in the Promotion; and (iii) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Promotion.
9. Publicity. By accepting the prize the winner consents and agrees to Sponsor’s and its designees use of winner’s name, city, state, photo and/or likeness, biographical information, entry and statements attributed to winner (if true) for advertising and promotional purposes in connection with the Promotion or for other purposes, worldwide in any and all media now known or hereafter created, including without limitation, inclusion in Sponsor’s newsletters, on Sponsor’s corporate and event websites (e.g., the Nothing But Fortinet event website at https://events.fortinet.com/nothingbutfortinet) and social media channels, and in connection with any appearances in which winner participates, without further payment, notification, permission or other consideration, except where prohibited by law.
10. Additional Conditions. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion in whole or in part, if in Sponsor’s opinion (a) the Promotion is not capable of running as planned by reason of the occurrence of any event beyond its control including, but not limited to, fire, flood, epidemic, pandemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, communications, equipment failure, utility or service interruptions, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared), interference with the Promotion by any party, or any federal, state, local or provincial government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction, or other cause not reasonably within Sponsor’s control, or (b) any other factors beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Promotion, in all instances without liability to the entrants. Sponsor also reserves the right to disqualify any entrant or winner, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion.
11. Governing Law and Choice of Forum. These Official Rules are governed by the law of the State of California, without reference to rules governing choice of laws. Any action, suit or case arising out of, or in connection with, this Promotion or these Official Rules must be brought in either the federal courts located in the Northern District of California or the state courts located in Santa Clara County, California.
13. Winners’ List. For the name of the Prize winner send an email message to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Winners List” as the email subject and “Nothing But Fortinet Promotion” specified in the body of the email. The winner list will be available after winner verification is complete.
14. Sponsor’s Address: Fortinet, Inc. 899 Kifer Rd, Sunnyvale, CA 94086.